Dear Patients and family members,
Governor Eric Holcomb’s latest executive order has lifted restrictions on healthcare related visits and procedures effective Monday, April 27. His order states that individuals may leave their home “to engage in activities or perform tasks essential to their health and safety” including “to visit a healthcare professional.”
We are excited to resume orthodontic care for our patients! We will be reaching out to you soon to schedule any appointment that was previously cancelled. For the week of April 27th, we are limiting appointments to those of urgent nature. We plan to begin seeing patients for routine adjustments beginning May 4th. Please be mindful that we have many patients who need to be seen, and we will not be able to accommodate everyone immediately.
We ask that you postpone your appointment if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever (defined as temperature above 99.6°F)
- Shortness of breath/trouble breathing
- Persistent pain, pressure, or tightness in the chest
As always, our practice adheres to all CDC and OSHA regulations. Due to COVID-19, we have added supplementary precautionary measures to reduce risks even further:
- Please brush your teeth at home, as our brushing stations will be temporarily closed.
- All patients should text or call our office at (260) 338-2643 upon arrival to the office. We will let you know when we are ready for you to come in. If possible, the patient should enter the office alone. For young children, one parent or caregiver will be allowed to accompany the patient.
- The patient’s temperature will be taken and a pre-screening questionnaire will be completed prior to your appointment.
- A pre-treatment mouthwash (peroxyl) will be given to the patient to swish.
- Once we have completed the appointment, we will call the parent(s) to give an update and to schedule the next appointment.
Other precautionary measures we are taking:
- Magazines and the coffee bar have been removed from the reception area.
- Plastic guards will be in place at the reception counter.
- All team members will have their temperature taken and complete pre-screening questions prior to beginning patient care for the day.
- Clinical staff will always be wearing a mask and a protective jacket.
- Extra protective masks, face shields, and high vacuum evacuation will be used for any procedure that would produce an aerosol.
- Every effort will be made to practice social spacing.
- All touch points will be cleaned and disinfected frequently.
We look forward to continuing your orthodontic treatment. Welcome back!
Dr. Allison Bergdoll and Team